Forum Name: Event Cover
Forum Discription: Section for Event Cover providers
URL: http://www.FirstAidCafe.co.uk/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2831
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2014 at 9:28am

Topic: Free Purple Guide
Posted By: Admin
Subject: Free Purple Guide
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2006 at 1:02am
If anyone would like a free copy of the event safety guide (HSE purple guide) please let me know and I will email a pdf version which is online and completely free for everyone to read/download/print. Or all my posts going to be blocked by moderators due to a difference of opinion? I notice that my post in which I tried to defend myself has not been enabled!!!! Anyone want a copy I will email you a pdf copy of the guide. Should save you a few quid!

Posted by pas

Replies:
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2006 at 9:27am
Hi PAS, I would like to take you up on your kind offer. Regards Jackie (jackieATfirstaidwales.com)

Posted by jackie

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2006 at 12:20pm
I could do with a copy please email me at muncher@fsmail.net

Posted by muncher

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2006 at 1:15pm
Hi Pas,i would appreciate a copy please. gordon@exs.co.uk Ta

Posted by monkeybrain

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2006 at 5:41pm
yes please ste.eve@virgin.net

Posted by Rescue

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2006 at 10:35pm
Hi PAS send a copy to phil@msatraining.co.uk please. And as I said on the form re the other business I do see your point re the big boys.

Posted by stormer

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2006 at 3:11pm
Hi Pas would you please send me a copy .Many thanks Janice. janice.whitehead@breathe.com

Posted by drjay

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2006 at 10:05pm
Hello PAS, could you send me a copy.....many thanks john893@blueyonder.co.uk Regards Trogg

Posted by Trogg

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2006 at 2:38pm
I know you are normally up on this sort of thing PAS, but could you please confirm that this is a legal copy so that the forum doesn't have a chance of into a bit of bother, thanks Steve, Moderator

Posted by sjgarth

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2006 at 2:53pm
It is perfectly legal I downloaded it from a University website which was public access.

Posted by pas

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2006 at 5:54pm
Hi If poss I would like a copy Thanks Mark mark_imfas_stephenson@yahoo.co.uk

Posted by pain

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2006 at 8:21pm
I have sent a copy to admin who is going to put it on the site for gold members to download.

Posted by pas

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2006 at 3:24pm
Thanks Pas.

Posted by drjay

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2006 at 2:35am
However - who owns the copyright - belive it is still Crown Copyright and unless they have given permission, (consider it isn't available from the HSE website, but they give you the link to order a paid for copy) its questionable whether you can offer it - the fact its on a publically accessable website doesn't automatically mean the copyright holder has waived any of their rights in the publication.

Posted by gplinge

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2006 at 9:58am
I was just about to say that too. Admin beware.

Posted by sjgarth

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2006 at 2:40pm
The link is to a public website where it is free for the public to download. Simple as that, if you don't want a copy then don't download it. It is shareware, anyone can have it and the pdf is on a famous Universities site.

Posted by pas

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2006 at 5:31pm
Firstly, why has the offer now been qualified, so only gold members can obtain the link? If the link is open to public access why not just post it on here. The Crown copy write is normally (but not always) waived in cases where gain or commercial interests do not come into play, but as the gold membership fee goes to a commercial concern this will cause a problem. Whilst acknowledging your intention (PAS) was just to help others out, I believe requiring a payment to obtain the goods in question may place you and others in jeopardy.

Posted by jackie

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2006 at 6:00pm
I have not yet put it on for gold members. I am concerned about copyright. I did have the Guide to obtaining HSE approval but the HSE asked me to remove it -copyright!

Posted by Admin

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2006 at 6:06pm
Pas/admin: state the site link for this, it is up to the individual to look at and worry about copyright.....or the concerns of HSE it would be wrong to charge for this if it can be obtained from the site free of charge!

Posted by scottydog

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2006 at 12:48am
It was I who suggested that the guide be made available to gold members. People are not being charged for the guide just as they are not charged for the rest of the information available only to gold members.

Posted by pas

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2006 at 9:15am
Gold members pay a fee for access to stuff, this would be a "charge" I am not of a mind to argue with you, Pas, better things to do with my time. If I had time, I would trawl every university site to obtain this if I wanted. The issue over copyright remains, HSE did not give permission for this be be made a "ferr Document" when they sell the thing for a fortune at HMSO, as they do with every other HSE publication. Again we pay for taxes, which fund HSE and they rip off the punters!

Posted by scottydog

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2006 at 5:44pm
Pas do you still have a copy of that guide you were offering as i would like to have one if they are available. Alan

Posted by Wookster

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2006 at 10:41pm
The link you need can be found by looking for the phrase 'Purple Guide' in one of the well-known search engines. To save you some time, the following URL may be helpful: http://www.city.ac.uk/safety/dps/H%20&%20S%20Information/HSG195%20Event%20Safety%20Guide.pdf Comparison of the ISBN number with that on the HSE Books website suggests that it is the latest version.

Posted by E4V5M6

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2006 at 9:26am
Hiya, I've misplaced my purple guide! bugger. could i take you up on your offer of a pdf version. email to offroadmedics@blueyonder.co.uk Many thanks, Mark

Posted by classic999

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2006 at 11:04am
Hi that would be great if you could send me a copy. Thanks in inticipation mark_imfas_stephenson@yahoo.co.uk

Posted by pain

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2006 at 10:07am
Yes I would like copy , derek.critoph@ntlworld.com

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2006 at 11:44pm
Yes please.. could you email me a copy at: amynahgoawalla@gmail.com Thanks!

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2006 at 8:42pm
Would love copy of event safety guide redcrossj@yahoo.co.uk

Posted by mobilepost

Posted By: jonesey
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2006 at 2:26pm
Hi, thanks for your kind offer! Please email a copy to me at davidjATbutchers99.freeserve.co.uk. Many thanks.

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2006 at 4:52pm
A copy of the guide can be found here:
http://www.city.ac.uk/safety/dps/H%20&%20S%20Information/HSG195%20Event%20Safety%20Guide.pdf - http://www.city.ac.uk/safety/dps/H%20&%20S%20Information/HSG195%20Event%20Safety%20Guide.pdf

Posted By: mtcs2003
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 11:45pm
Hello

I would like a free copy. My e-mail is mailto:mtcs2006-training@yahoo.com - mtcs2006-training@yahoo.com

Thanks

Michael

Posted By: jahjah
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2006 at 7:59pm
Hi,
 have you got a copy of the purple guide left please. My email is mailto:julieholliman@hotmail.com - julieholliman@hotmail.com Thanks for your help. 

Posted By: Event-Aid Med Cover
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2006 at 3:38pm
Hi Pas, Could you also send me the link please,
mailto:event-aid@hotmail.com - event-aid@hotmail.com

Cheers Bud,

Jay

Posted By: dondon
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2006 at 9:45am
Hi Could you please email the Free Purple guide please to mailto:dbi@great-yarmouth.gov.uk - dbi@great-yarmouth.gov.uk

Thank you

Posted By: Ambulance2
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2006 at 10:24am
Hi could you E-Mail me a copy of the Ourole guide mailto:h.h.firstaid@btinternet.com - h.h.firstaid@btinternet.com

Thank you

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2006 at 12:05pm
See my post 28th Aug

Posted By: Soji
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2006 at 10:11am

Admin,

Could you please email a copy of the HSE's Purple Guide to me. Thank you.

Soji

Posted By: bexsc
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2006 at 10:25am
Yes please.  mailto:becky.cooper@stmonicatrust.org.uk - becky.cooper@stmonicatrust.org.uk thanks becky

Posted By: jasonm
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2006 at 9:15pm
Hi I would love a copy if you have time please?

Jasonm

Posted By: flyinghigh
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2006 at 8:41pm
i would appriciate it if a copy could be emailed to me:
mailto:kimtysom@yahoo.co.uk - kimtysom@yahoo.co.uk

Thamks

Posted By: scotmed-uk
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2006 at 2:53pm
Hi PAS,

Please can you also send a copy of the purple guide to mailto:scotmeduk@hotmail.co.uk - scotmeduk@hotmail.co.uk

thank you

Posted By: Tim G
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2006 at 8:50am
Hi can you send me a copy please
Tim Griffin mailto:info@griffmarineservices.co.uk - info@griffmarineservices.co.uk
Thanks Timg

Posted By: 999 MAD
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2006 at 11:14am

one for me to please mailto:mark@abcmedicalservices.co.uk - mark@abcmedicalservices.co.uk

Cheers PAS

Posted By: parandy999
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2006 at 10:51pm
Hi there, any chance of getting a copy of the purple guide sent to enquiries@amtrainingservices.co.uk.
Thanks
Andy

Posted By: prestigefirstaid
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2006 at 12:26pm
I would much appreciate a copy please email to mailto:info@eventpromedical.com - info@eventpromedical.com   thanks

Posted By: bonoeuf
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2006 at 2:03pm
Can I have one too please prozimATntlworldDOTcom

Thanks
Marty

Posted By: snake
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2007 at 7:11pm
Thanks for the offer of copy of the guide, please would you email it to irtservices@blueyonder.co.uk

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2007 at 9:05pm
A copy of the guide can be found here:
http://www.city.ac.uk/safety/dps/H%20&%20S%20Information/HSG195%20Event%20Safety%20Guide.pdf - http://www.city.ac.uk/safety/dps/H%20&%20S%20Information/HSG195%20Event%20Safety%20Guide.pdf

Posted By: .Justin,
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2007 at 1:44pm
If its not too much trouble could i have a copy?

mailto:justinthetree@hotmail.com - justinthetree@hotmail.com

Ta Justin

Posted By: muncher
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2007 at 9:47pm

Looks like lots of people cannot read or are too lazy to click the link.

BTW does anyone have a printable version of the latest JRCALC guidelines they can email me.

mailto:muncher@fsmail.net - muncher@fsmail.net  

Posted By: bikemeduk
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2007 at 12:41pm
Hi PAS,

Please could I have a copy to infoATonsiteambulance.co.uk

Regards

Glenn

Posted By: prestigefirstaid
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2007 at 5:36pm
yes please email to mailto:info@Eventpromedical.com - info@Eventpromedical.com   cheers!

Posted By: muncher
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2007 at 11:40am
Admin

Can this be made a locked topic as the file can be found at

Print Page | Close Window